Weddings can be overwhelming, but that is exactly why we’re here! We created the Castle Couture Checklist to ensure we help you cover each and every step to help take away the stress of your wedding planning. (Think of us as your dress store, tuxedo boutique, seamstress, jeweler, and, now, digital wedding planner!) Below we’ve created a step-by-step organizer to help you plan your wedding in a timely manner, so let’s begin!
As Soon As You’re Engaged!
Congratulations! You just got engaged! Here are the next steps to get the ball rolling and get a few steps closer to hosting the wedding of your dreams.
- Celebrate! This is a huge milestone that you want to capture in your lifetime. Celebrate with your closest friends and family because this moment is indescribable.
- Chat with your partner about what both of your visions are for this big day. You need to make sure you are both on the same page throughout the entire process of planning.
- Next up is budget: Based on your financials, choose a budget that can make your vision come true without breaking the bank.
- Choose when your big day will take place!
- Create a guest list to give you an idea of how many people will be attending when you look at venues.
- Do research on vendors and begin booking all of your appointments.
- Create a binder to gather all of your wedding planning info in one place! This will be a lifesaver when you’re crunching numbers.
12 Months Before You Say “I Do“
- Now that your appointments are booked and you have a date in mind, it’s time to pick a venue. Venues can book up to a year in advance, so the sooner you book the better!
- Begin dress shopping and find the bridal gown of your dreams! Bridal gowns can take roughly six to nine months to arrive. (Crazy, we know!)
- Book a videographer and photographer.
- Select who will be a part of your bridal party. Although it may be a year out, you want to give everyone enough time to save and enjoy this whole experience with you.
- Create a wedding website. Have your important dates, venue, and hotel information for all of your guests to find in one place.
10 Months Before You Say “I Do”
- Book your DJ/band: This vendor is truly what will set the mood for a wedding, so make sure you leave ample amount of time to get the one you really love!
- Talk to your vendor and work with a hotel for your guests. Whether it’s for guests who are coming from out of town or guests who may want to party all night long with the happy couple, make sure you have rooms available for them.
- Take your engagement photos!
8 Months Before You Say “I Do“
- Select your save-the-dates and order your invitations.
- Book your officiant, if needed.
- Book your honeymoon and flights.
- Begin doing research on any decor you may need to rent that your venue or DJ will not be supplying.
- Choose a florist.
6 Months Before You Say “I Do“
- Send your save-the-dates.
- Purchase your bridesmaid dresses.
- Begin planning all the details of your honeymoon (excursions, dinner reservations, etc.).
- Place your order for any items you are renting from other companies.
- Reach out to your favorite bakery to order your wedding cake and any desserts you may want (if your vendor doesn’t supply this in your package).
- Book any travel accommodations for guests.
- Book your travel accommodations for the day-of, including your bridal party.
- Begin doing research on hair and makeup artists and begin trials.
- The maid of honor and best man should begin planning your bachelorette and bachelor parties!
4 Months Before You Say “I Do”
- Begin wedding band shopping.
- Send a guest list to whoever is hosting your bridal shower and begin registering at your favorite store. (Target, here we come!)
- Officially book your hair and makeup artists.
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner venues.
- Rent the groom and groomsmen’s tuxedos (which are available at Castle Couture).
2 Months Before You Say “I Do”
- Send your invitations!
- Begin alterations on your bridal gown as well as the bridesmaid gowns, if needed.
- Order any items necessary for your ceremony (unity candles, staged exit props – such as bubbles or rice – religious items, programs, etc.).
- Finalize the menu for your wedding night with your venue or caterer.
- Purchase your accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc.).
- Finalize all details with your florist.
4 Weeks Before You Say “I Do“
- Send rehearsal dinner invitations. Make sure to include any out-of-state guests who have traveled far!
- Submit your marriage license.
- Purchase favors for guests.
- Purchase gifts for the bridal party.
- Have the guest list finalized.
2 Weeks Before You Say “I Do”
- Begin creating your seating chart for guests.
- Touch base with vendors to confirm the time of arrival for everyone, including your vendors.
- Pick up your bridal gown from the seamstress; make sure it is steamed & stuffed!
- Visit your jeweler to clean your engagement ring. (You want that nice and sparkly for your pictures!)
Day You Say “I Do”
- Enjoy the day you worked so hard for with the love of your life, family, and friends! (And send us pictures in your beautiful Castle Couture gown!)